Monday

Ideas and plan for shoot two

When the project was first set I had a number of ideas that I could possibly do for it, most of which involved going to London to visit and photograph people on an estate that I grew up on, which is now being knocked down. I wanted to present the idea of history and the personal change that I have gone through in my life. I wanted to photograph residents that still lived on the estate and their progression as they have been forced to move home from their flat on the Heygate Estate. However, this became difficult to do as more and more people were moving out of their flats everyday and many of which didn't have the time to be photographed. After a couple of weeks of planning for the shoot, some of the blocks on the estate began to get knocked down, so I therefore had to scrap my first initial idea as it was too much planning to find out who still lived on the estate, then to get in touch with those few people that still lived there and see if they would be willing to let me photograph them on days that would suit both them and myself.

I then began to think of ideas, and a topic that I feel very interested in is based much more around people in their working environment, more so than their personal environment. I want to explore the way that people 'change' within their working environment, not just by the way they look, if they have to wear a uniform etc, but also by the way they behave and act around others. A career such as prostitution perhaps has the best example, as many prostitutes change dramatically when they are 'at work', however, I want to explore careers that you see and here of everyday, rather than something such as prostitution. I am really interested in Brian Griffin and Lothar Wolleh's work and the way that they capture a worker and show their profession by their surroundings. After doing my first shoot of a woman working in fabric shop, I feel I want to explore a similar theme of shop workers and capture the way in which they change into a routine (or a Marxist would say 'machine') whilst at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment