Monday

Shoot two evaluation

After choosing my final images that I am going to use from my second shoot, I have edited them all in photoshop to adjust the levels, curves and channel mixer to make them black and white as the project breif states. I much prefer the images in black and white as the colour was slightly distracting in some of the shots before as some brighter object stood out in the background and distracted the viewer from the subject.

Berts Homestore - edited and made B&W

For me, I think that this is possibly the strongest photograph out of the whole shoot, as you can see the most of the woman, and there arn't too many things distracting the viewer from her in the frame. I feel she stands out from her environment due to her dark uniform and hair whilst everything around her is a lighter shade. I also like the way that she breaks up the horizontal lines that run throughout the photo; behind her there are four selves and in front of her is the counter top and pile of tissue paper, all of which are running horizontally, whereas her upright posture stands vertically and in the way of this, breaking up the frame and again attracting more attention towards her. Although the woman has a slight smile on her face, I don't think that it is too much to affect the mood and atmosphere of the photograph, or give away too much about her character or thoughts.

Bakery - edited and made B&W

I really like the use of lighting in this photograph, as there were tungsten lights all around the subject on the shelves that the food was stacked on. I feel that it gives a slight 'angelic glow' about the woman and has some religious connotations. The horizontal lines created by the shelves direct the viewer's attention to the centre of the frame where I have positioned my subject, and force the viewer to notice the womans expression and perhaps wonder about her thoughts and feelings.

Samaritans charity shop - edited and made B&W

No comments:

Post a Comment